2021.12.04 13:18 markuszbrenntt I was watching green hill with lyrics (juno songs)
|submitted by markuszbrenntt to SonicEXE [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 RedEagle_MGN I studied the "Metaverse" for 8 years and here's what I concluded:
Preface: The Metaverse is a hypothetical version of the internet in which 3D avatars navigate a 3D space. Companies envision this world to be one where most people will live most of the most meaningful parts of their life in the future.
1. The Metaverse is not possible with mouse and keyboard As Metaverse enthusiasts, it's important to remember that we are likely the top 0.1% of computer users. Most people are confused by technology, overwhelmed by options and worried if they push the wrong button they will destroy something.
Chrome added a copy and paste feature to the menu because people couldn't discover how to copy and paste.
Since the Metaverse simulates the countless possibilities of physical life, the complexity of the user interface gets out of hand quickly.
I remember testing out Second Life and accidentally taking off my pants and being unable to put them back on for 20 minutes.
Clearly, mouse and keyboard would not be a sufficient way of interacting with the metaverse.
2. No significant social organization arises out of putting people in a virtual space 18 years ago, Second Life came out and the hype around the Metaverse future was just as real back then as it is today. You can visit the empty government buildings, brand showcases and cities to get a taste of the forgotten glory.
Time and time again people have been put together in a virtual space, and we still went back to physical life for real connections.
We have to ask ourselves, why did we leave virtual worlds and go back to physical life?
3. The nature of virtual spaces leads to shallow relationships The great benefits of any relationship are usually found in the most challenging operations of cooperation, marriage is a great example. Dating is exciting but sharing a life with someone is deeply sacrificial and yet, the benefits of marriage are enormous.
In digital worlds we scarcely invest as heavily in relationships as in physical life. When we can go anywhere, be with anyone it's easy to constantly look for greener grass.
This problem is accentuated by the ability to change your name/avatar at will. When people can burn others and simply change their identity to escape consequences, they do. Investing in a real reputation and a single identity is the first step to solving this issue.
4. The Metaverse will arise from a gaming world In digital worlds, we find ourselves mixed in with people from different cultures who have different values and interests. By contrast, in physical life we are naturally segmented with people who are more likely to share our values and ideas.
Gaming has the power to break ice between people and therefore has intrinsic utility to the Metaverse.
By using gamification we can organize and connect people of similar interests and values in a virtual space.
Not only that, gaming has the power to get people to relax. Human beings don’t develop meaningful friendships when forced into it. This is what social games and “virtual life” games often get wrong. Actual gameplay builds the context we need to relax and have a conversation to find people we are compatible with.
5. Reciprocating facial expressions are necessary for cooperative human behavior If you've ever lifted a baby and smiled at it, you know that facial expressions are deeply embedded in how we communicate. When we hurt someone's feelings, their facial expressions changes and, as we reciprocate their facial expressions, our body produces the same emotions as we make that individual feel. This acts as a natural tempering of our behaviour that we don't get when we communicate over the internet.
6. The network effect would eventually push everyone to a single virtual world A long time ago, there was a single company that dominated the telephone market. To call anybody who was the customer of the company you needed to have a phone that was with that same company, phones were not interoperable. Today, if you want to contact somebody on Facebook, you need Facebook to do so. This is how social networks defend their intellectual property.
Meta executive Jason Rubin:
“The first metaverse that gains real traction is likely to the be the last,” Rubin wrote. “We must act first, and go big, or we risk being one of those wannabes.” - CNBC
The network effect is a scary prospect because it means that there will likely be only one Metaverse to rule them all in the end.
7. Customization is the enemy of usability It's fascinating to bump into so many people who share the idea that no corporation should control the future of human interaction. However, it's laughable that we're using the same ill-advised ideas that allowed Facebook, Google and apps to dominate when it comes to this next chapter.
One of the reasons that Facebook overtook MySpace was that MySpace allowed people to customize their profile infinitely. This led to a myriad of different user interfaces, confusing navigation and a poor user experience.
Just imagine a myriad of virtual worlds all with their own user interface, controls and standards. The experience of travelling from world to world would be like being born all over again and having to learn how to read and write.
Therefore, the virtual world must have a single user experience to reach mass adoption.
8. The Metaverse has the power to become a dystopian nightmare As the network effect brings everyone to a single Metaverse, the potential for the abuse of power will be astronomical. The Metaverse will understand where you are, who you are with and even what you look at.
AI will be able to process that data to better understand you than you yourself and data is the first step toward oppression.
Utilizing all this data, powerful individuals will have the ability to suppress dissent, identify people of contrarian opinion etc.
Moreover, if we begin to fool ourselves that we can agree on morals and values, those who disagree with the mainstream will live in constant fear of losing their friends, job and opportunities if they are banned from the Metaverse.
P.S. I am not a financial adviser.
submitted by RedEagle_MGN to gamingnews [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:18 a__qilll rate my fit
2021.12.04 13:18 Garedbi69 M O D E R N G A M I N G
Welcome to 2021 where we have very anticipated releases such as:
2021.12.04 13:18 KaleidoscopeFun6528 Boys will be boys
|submitted by KaleidoscopeFun6528 to MxRMods [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 norapage 26F seeking a long term real friendship
Hi, guys. Well, hope that will work this time and I will be able to find a good friend who has no intention of ghosting or leaving on read/receive.
Let me mention some facts about me.
I am 26 years old.
I write novels and looking forward to publishing my first novel soon, so if you want to read it and give me feedback, I would be so happy.
I am a book worm, I like to read, I have tons of fav books including Pride and Prejudice, the Alchemist, Kafka on the shore, and the list is long.
I enjoy watching movies and listening to music.
I like Art, I can not draw but I like visiting museums and such places.
I love learning languages, currently, I study Italian.
I work as a freelance translator.
I love animals and I pet a huge number of rescued cats.
I would like to travel to many cities one day.
This is me briefly, and you will get to know more about me when we talk.
Don't hesitate to dm if you have the intention to talk to me daily and you find me interesting enough.
submitted by norapage to MakeNewFriendsHere [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:18 0000ESCAPE This aged too well (source: comments under scar's first post)
|submitted by 0000ESCAPE to scarlxrd [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Noooronly555 Aluminum Solar Swimming Inground Pool Cover Reel Set (21FT, Blue). Price is $180. USA testers Dm me
|submitted by Noooronly555 to AMZreviewTrader [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Chopped_Cheese_NYC Spinosaurus Roar JWE2
If this question was asked and answered before then my bad, new here. But I wanted to know. I’ve seen the Spinosaurus both in JWE2, just now in Camp Cretaceous, and even remembered this being a problem in JWE1, so why doesn’t it have its classic JP3 roar? Is it a copyright issue? Do they not have access to the sounds? Because I remember in Operation Genesis, those sounds were there. Just really confused
submitted by Chopped_Cheese_NYC to jurassicworldevo [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:18 Mathias2000DK https://t.me/joinchat/kCwuFSlh3XYxYzU0
2021.12.04 13:18 Bobo_Balde2 Looking for a DAZN UK account - Any suggested sellers?
I checked the Sellix search and I couldn't find any option with a decent warranty. One guy selling it with an hour's warranty. 😂
Looking for a reliable seller with a reasonable warranty
submitted by Bobo_Balde2 to market [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:18 TheKentuckyMonkey 87519 w/ BDU
|submitted by TheKentuckyMonkey to RedWingShoes [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 MichelangelesqueAdz How was Egypt conquered by the Ottomans in just 1 Year?
|submitted by MichelangelesqueAdz to ottoman [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Caolan114 Eddie Guerrero
|submitted by Caolan114 to WrestlingEmpire [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 pgarson A discomfort with Western liberalism is growing in Eastern Europe
|submitted by pgarson to europe [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 conelover1234 The worst character (Crazy)
Crouching Height: Kazuya
Initial Dash: Shulk (Shield)
Walking Speed: Kirby (Shield)
Running Speed: Shulk (Shield)
Air Speed: Kirby (Shield)
Air Acceleration: Snake/Simon/Richter
Falling Speed: Jigglypuff
Jump Height: Steve
Jump Squat: Bowser (Pre-Ultimate)
Side Taunt: Wario
Up Taunt: Samus
Down Taunt: Jigglypuff
Jab: Steve (Hand)
Side Tilt: Steve (Hand)
Up Tilt: Steve (Hand)(with Ganondorf's speed)
Down Tilt: Jigglypuff
Dash Attack: Steve (Hand)(with King Dedede's speed)
Smash Attacks: Olimar (Pikminless)
Air Attacks: Little Mac
Pummel: King Dedede
Forward Throw: Cloud
Back Throw: Corrin
Up Throw: Cloud
Down Throw: Bowser Jr.
Neutral Special: Jigglypuff (with Ganondorf's speed)
Side Special: Yoshi
Up Special: Jigglypuff
Down Special: Ridley (with Byleth's speed)
Final Smash: Jigglypuff
submitted by conelover1234 to smashbros [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:18 Cool_Ad_830 Wallet shows in coming transaction as pending but also shows it has 6/2 confirmations but balance isn't showing in wallet. Username: Shaylakay22
2021.12.04 13:18 Meteor_407 her-
|submitted by Meteor_407 to PoppyPlaytime [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 wv_1994 0.1 miles? I’ll do these all day long 😃
|submitted by wv_1994 to UberEATS [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 TopTehnar Got really excited by seeing other people HeroForge works lately and here's my favorite hunter.
|submitted by TopTehnar to HuntShowdown [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Argumentat1ve "Anti racism is totalitarian" more gold from r/JBP
|submitted by Argumentat1ve to enoughpetersonspam [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Save-The-Defaults Now hold the fuck up
|submitted by Save-The-Defaults to memes [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Sky-Mommy Fireless locomotive manufactured by Borsig in Berlin ca 1900s.
|submitted by Sky-Mommy to trains [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 ifeelslick Looking to bring my NFTs to foundation🔥 Whomever gifts me with an invite code will receive this Pepe on Polygon chain💎💎💎
|submitted by ifeelslick to foundation [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:18 Ready_Grapefruit Congressman Introduces Bill to Force FDA to Release Pfizer Documents Within 100 Days, Instead of 55 Years