2021.12.04 13:17 Beautiful_Fishing569 Donkey i saw at a local farm
|submitted by Beautiful_Fishing569 to aww [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 we1nercat A book for someone with a tremendously short attention span
I want to get back into reading but every time i try a new book, i end up zoning out or becoming bored as the pages go on. I recently started reading Perks of Being a Wallflower and i’m really enjoying it; I figured the short journal entries make it really easy for me to stay focused. I want to continue this trend, and read as many books as my short attention span will allow, until i can eventually sit down and read some english classics without any trouble.
submitted by we1nercat to suggestmeabook [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:17 jobsinanywhere Ralf Rangnick spotted taking Man Utd training for first time as he looks to mould team ahead of Crystal Palace clash
2021.12.04 13:17 PetersAnne When I turn my back for one minute, pls mom can I drive!
|submitted by PetersAnne to bernesemountaindogs [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 RedEagle_MGN I studied the "Metaverse" for 8 years and here's what I concluded:
Preface: The Metaverse is a hypothetical version of the internet in which 3D avatars navigate a 3D space. Companies envision this world to be one where most people will live most of the most meaningful parts of their life in the future.
1. The Metaverse is not possible with mouse and keyboard As Metaverse enthusiasts, it's important to remember that we are likely the top 0.1% of computer users. Most people are confused by technology, overwhelmed by options and worried if they push the wrong button they will destroy something.
Chrome added a copy and paste feature to the menu because people couldn't discover how to copy and paste.
Since the Metaverse simulates the countless possibilities of physical life, the complexity of the user interface gets out of hand quickly.
I remember testing out Second Life and accidentally taking off my pants and being unable to put them back on for 20 minutes.
Clearly, mouse and keyboard would not be a sufficient way of interacting with the metaverse.
2. No significant social organization arises out of putting people in a virtual space 18 years ago, Second Life came out and the hype around the Metaverse future was just as real back then as it is today. You can visit the empty government buildings, brand showcases and cities to get a taste of the forgotten glory.
Time and time again people have been put together in a virtual space, and we still went back to physical life for real connections.
We have to ask ourselves, why did we leave virtual worlds and go back to physical life?
3. The nature of virtual spaces leads to shallow relationships The great benefits of any relationship are usually found in the most challenging operations of cooperation, marriage is a great example. Dating is exciting but sharing a life with someone is deeply sacrificial and yet, the benefits of marriage are enormous.
In digital worlds we scarcely invest as heavily in relationships as in physical life. When we can go anywhere, be with anyone it's easy to constantly look for greener grass.
This problem is accentuated by the ability to change your name/avatar at will. When people can burn others and simply change their identity to escape consequences, they do. Investing in a real reputation and a single identity is the first step to solving this issue.
4. The Metaverse will arise from a gaming world In digital worlds, we find ourselves mixed in with people from different cultures who have different values and interests. By contrast, in physical life we are naturally segmented with people who are more likely to share our values and ideas.
Gaming has the power to break ice between people and therefore has intrinsic utility to the Metaverse.
By using gamification we can organize and connect people of similar interests and values in a virtual space.
Not only that, gaming has the power to get people to relax. Human beings don’t develop meaningful friendships when forced into it. This is what social games and “virtual life” games often get wrong. Actual gameplay builds the context we need to relax and have a conversation to find people we are compatible with.
5. Reciprocating facial expressions are necessary for cooperative human behavior If you've ever lifted a baby and smiled at it, you know that facial expressions are deeply embedded in how we communicate. When we hurt someone's feelings, their facial expressions changes and, as we reciprocate their facial expressions, our body produces the same emotions as we make that individual feel. This acts as a natural tempering of our behaviour that we don't get when we communicate over the internet.
6. The network effect would eventually push everyone to a single virtual world A long time ago, there was a single company that dominated the telephone market. To call anybody who was the customer of the company you needed to have a phone that was with that same company, phones were not interoperable. Today, if you want to contact somebody on Facebook, you need Facebook to do so. This is how social networks defend their intellectual property.
Meta executive Jason Rubin:
“The first metaverse that gains real traction is likely to the be the last,” Rubin wrote. “We must act first, and go big, or we risk being one of those wannabes.” - CNBC
The network effect is a scary prospect because it means that there will likely be only one Metaverse to rule them all in the end.
7. Customization is the enemy of usability It's fascinating to bump into so many people who share the idea that no corporation should control the future of human interaction. However, it's laughable that we're using the same ill-advised ideas that allowed Facebook, Google and apps to dominate when it comes to this next chapter.
One of the reasons that Facebook overtook MySpace was that MySpace allowed people to customize their profile infinitely. This led to a myriad of different user interfaces, confusing navigation and a poor user experience.
Just imagine a myriad of virtual worlds all with their own user interface, controls and standards. The experience of travelling from world to world would be like being born all over again and having to learn how to read and write.
Therefore, the virtual world must have a single user experience to reach mass adoption.
8. The Metaverse has the power to become a dystopian nightmare As the network effect brings everyone to a single Metaverse, the potential for the abuse of power will be astronomical. The Metaverse will understand where you are, who you are with and even what you look at.
AI will be able to process that data to better understand you than you yourself and data is the first step toward oppression.
Utilizing all this data, powerful individuals will have the ability to suppress dissent, identify people of contrarian opinion etc.
Moreover, if we begin to fool ourselves that we can agree on morals and values, those who disagree with the mainstream will live in constant fear of losing their friends, job and opportunities if they are banned from the Metaverse.
P.S. I am not a financial adviser.
submitted by RedEagle_MGN to GameDevelopment [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:17 Rollachick All white
|submitted by Rollachick to crossdressing [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 Chart-trader Chinese stocks got clobbered again after Didi has to delist. Didi was not allowed to list on the NYSE in the first place so no wonder. Also they will transfer shares to shares in Hong Kong which can be traded though IBKR. I bought more BABA, TME and KWEB after they were 10% down yesterday.
|submitted by Chart-trader to Beat_the_benchmark [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 calbhollo Suggest an Anime For Carl Sagan
"We are a way for the universe to know itself. Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return. And we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff."What would Carl Sagan's favorite anime be?
2021.12.04 13:17 cemyhan55 they're the nearly same age
2021.12.04 13:17 TheITMan52 This is a mutant elf to celebrate the holiday spirit. lol
2021.12.04 13:17 stabby_chick The straightest of feetsies
|submitted by stabby_chick to straightenedfeetsies [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 murderedlexus Some morning be like this
2021.12.04 13:17 dbrarreddit Get 2 FREE stocks with my Wealthsimple Trade referral code.
2021.12.04 13:17 DaFellas_NFT Merry Christmas! I made an NFT of Santa Claus, as an exclusive one.
|submitted by DaFellas_NFT to NFTsMarketplace [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 jmochicago Sister got scammed, but was able to get 3 phone numbers...
...and one is a landline.
I looked them up in Spokeo, but don't know if this is going to help me figure out anything.
First number is a (cell?) phone registered to an address in Aurora, CO.
Second number is a cell phone with a name attached (But maybe the previous owner of the number?)
Third number is a landline registered to an address in Los Angeles.
Are there any next steps that we can pursue to try and narrow this down?
submitted by jmochicago to Scams [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:17 cemyhan55 they're the nearly same age
|submitted by cemyhan55 to GetMoreViewsYT [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 Curious_Ad_6082 What do you think of my first custom?
2021.12.04 13:17 Streetluxury_amg Candle day haul
|submitted by Streetluxury_amg to bathandbodyworks [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 cemyhan55 they're the nearly same age
|submitted by cemyhan55 to shamelessplug [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 Immediate_Ad_4672 Does anyone use camera bag to carry LAN party setup?
Looking for suggestions if anyone use camera bag to carry their LAN setup. Camera bags have padding with dividers made with soft materials to hold PC and other peripherals. Also,many have laptop compartment to store portable monitor. Would love to hear from folks if they are already doing this with small SFF case like velka 7.
submitted by Immediate_Ad_4672 to pcmasterrace [link] [comments]
2021.12.04 13:17 Fit_Leadership_1310 This will be an interesting weekend...
|submitted by Fit_Leadership_1310 to AMPToken [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 Agreeable_Junket_271 Amazingly realistic powder cosplay. She fully commits to the character
|submitted by Agreeable_Junket_271 to leagueofjinx [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 bogolisk Ontario CoViD data by vaccination status - 2021-DEC-04 (4 charts using data from data.ontario.ca/en/dataset/covid-19-vaccine-data-in-ontario)
|submitted by bogolisk to CanadaCoronavirus [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 alcofrybasnasier Descending to this world from the Noetic, “the soul accepts the unique task of becoming mortal, of realizing its own nothingness.”
|submitted by alcofrybasnasier to SpiritualAwakening [link] [comments]|
2021.12.04 13:17 KronosX3T Today’s carry
|submitted by KronosX3T to EDC [link] [comments]|